2nd Gen Ryzen Kicks Much Ass

All things AMD. The best motherboards, COOLING setup, overclocking, how to, etc..
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

2nd Gen Ryzen Kicks Much Ass

Postby FlyingPenguin » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:20 pm

Nice to see AMD back in the running. Much as I'm a die-hard Intel guy (because I worry about compatibility and Intel is in bed with Microsoft) I think I'd go Ryzen right now if I was building a new rig.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/12625/am ... 2600x-2600
"Why should freedom of speech and freedom of press be allowed? Why should a government which is doing what it believes to be right allow itself to be criticized?" - Vladimir Lenin

wvjohn

Re: 2nd Gen Ryzen Kicks Much Ass

Postby wvjohn » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:34 am

My next build may be one of those. Reviews have been pretty good, and there will be more optimizations.

Err
Almighty Member

Postby Err » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:33 pm

That Ryzen 5 2600X for $229 would be a killer deal. The bundled Spire Cooler is also very good from what I've heard.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Postby FlyingPenguin » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:45 pm

I have to say that if I was building a workstation now (mine is only a year and a half old) I'd go Ryzen with 8 cores multi-threaded. I do a lot of video trans-coding with my workstation.

And I have never owned an AMD processor before, but yeah, I think they're that good now.
"Why should freedom of speech and freedom of press be allowed? Why should a government which is doing what it believes to be right allow itself to be criticized?" - Vladimir Lenin

Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Postby Genom » Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:01 pm

I've owned them when they were more hype than not, but I built my NAS on a cheapo 1600 processor and it's been great. When I feel the bug bite hard enough I'll replace my current i7-5820 with some sort of Ryzen build, if only because I multitask a ton on my main system. Although I dont forsee this CPU getting slow on my for a few years :/

Return to “AMD CPU & Cooling UnderGround”