how to slow the screen speed down on a Samsung phone ?

Laptops, Notebooks, PDA's, MP3 Players, Cell Phones
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

how to slow the screen speed down on a Samsung phone ?

Post by reno »

when I try sending text or write in general my keyboard changes .to fast at times to add dash and other extra keys .not every time but a lot of the time.
this is a brand new S21 Galaxy phone . I have had no luck finding a setting to adjust this problem.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: how to slow the screen speed down on a Samsung phone ?

Post by FlyingPenguin »

That sounds weird. You're sure it's not some kind of custom keyboard?
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

reno

Post by reno »

talk to a buddy who has a note 20 today .it not just me it a glitch in the latest software . this happen in some program's but not others . so im not alone with this happening . its a glitch in android 11 version. hope Samsung gets it figured out soon.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Well it's not Android 11 per se, as I'm running 11 on my Pixel 2XL and don't see that.

I'm willing to bet you Samsung uses their own keyboard app. That's why I'll never own a Samsung again, I prefer the vanilla Android experience, and Samsung likes to replace everything with their own bloatware.

Check your keyboard settings and see if you can change the keyboard to GBoard which is the default Android keyboard. Optionally you could also install the Swiftkey keyboard from the app store, which is free now, and very good. I used that for a long time until GBoard stole all it's best features.

On Android it's Settings > System > Languages & Input, but since Samsung replaces the stock Android control panel, it could be completely different.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

reno

Post by reno »

thanks FP try Swiftkey keyboard I just downloaded it looks plain compared to the Samsung keyboard. but if it fix''s this glitch im happy. will try it for a couple days and see. they really was no other choices that came with the phone . just 3 different lay outs of Samsung keyboard offer unless you download one .
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Yeah I will never get another Samsung once my S9 dies, but I do like the glass that they use. I have no cover on mine, and there is not one single scratch on the glass. Do the Pixels use the same type of glass?
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Not sure, but I don't have a screen protector on mine, and there's no scratches. I can't stand screen protectors.

Samsung does build good hardware, but I can't stand the way they bloat up the OS. Pity they don't release 'Pure' versions of their phones anymore.

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Which is why I kept my S5. Takes only 1 minute to change the battery, and very little bloat.