Black Mesa

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
Executioner
Life Member

Black Mesa

Post by Executioner »

The XEN part of the game after leaving the military facility, not only do have to discover and solve lots of puzzles, but once you get to Gonarch's Lair, I had to start over at that point after making a major mistake: I thought I killed the spider, not realizing that he ran into this cave. After going into his cave, I continued to waste time shooting at it until I depleted most of my ammo. I realized that the battle is at the end, so I started over. Finally was able to kill the damn spider and move onto the next chapter Interloper.

This part of the game, I died several times dealing with several Gargantua. No matter where you happened to go, you were followed by several of them, until I figured out that there is a part of the chase that takes you to this open lake where you make this very long jump to safety. After landing on this part, you can look back and see all the Gargantua's looking back at you. I think there were at least 6 or so.

Anyway, I'm still going through it and finding it very challenging. I also restarted the game from scratch, because the last patch changed a few parts of the game compared to the beta version, and I wanted to see the differences. Not only that, I was on a 2 week vacation from work and decided to play this from the start.

I'm approaching the final chapter: Chapter 18: Nihilanth. I'm sure I'll be on this one for a while.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Black Mesa

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Yes, very challenging. I haven't finished it yet.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "