Mountain Biking, Santos Trail Head, Belleview Florida

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Mountain Biking, Santos Trail Head, Belleview Florida

Post by FlyingPenguin »

This is the bike park I ride from. This is part of a series of bike and horse trails that cut through the Florida Greenway, which is a strip of forest that's state owned cutting across Central Florida from coast to coast. In theory, you could hike, bike, or ride a horse from the east to the west coast. There's even a horse/bike bridge that crosses over I-75.

You're in deep wood trails the whole time, with no potable water available except for a few parks that are 10 - 20 miles apart. The trails are extremely well maintained in cooperation with local bike clubs.

There is also now a paved jogging/biking/hiking path that parallels a good portion of the bike trails. I like to bike out on the dirt trails, usually 8 - 10 miles and then return the same distance on the asphalt trail which is a lot easier. Makes it nice on the return trip. It's easy to get careless when you're tired and on the way back. I've slammed into a few trees on the way back in the past. Cracked some ribs one time.

This is a ride I took on 11/30/19. My first try of the GoPro. Not too happy with the quality. I was recording at 1080 and 60fps. I think I will try bumping it up to 4K at 30fps next time. I mounted the GoPro on the top of my helmet, which worked out pretty good. I also have a mount on the handlebars I may try next time.

And yeah, I sped the video up 2x, to make it more interesting.

Make sure you bump it up to 1080p. The compression at lower resolutions makes it look muddier.

Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.