x mas gift list buying problems ?

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

x mas gift list buying problems ?

Post by reno »

who that one person that always seems to be tuff to buy for.
for me its my own sister and brother in-law - I don't really like the gift card idea .
in the past I have done gift cards to there favorite restaurant. but year after year it a revolving problem with them .
Err
Life Member

Re: x mas gift list buying problems ?

Post by Err »

I have trouble buying for my Mom. She's 68 and doesn't need anything. I bought her a good Kitchen Aid Mixer last year. She like to bake but is getting too old to stir things like batter and fudge for too long. I generally end up getting her some CD's and a Visa Gift card so she can use it anywhere. I don't buy gift cards specific to a place because they are sometimes hard to use. I have a couple of BP gift cards for $25 each. This issue is there are no BP stations along my commute.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

My father is by far the toughest person for me. Always has been. He has no hobbies, other than working (do I buy him another business). He plays no sports. Doesn't have a favorite place he likes to go to. He's just a rather serious man who works hard. He does spend a lot of time in Home Depot, buying things for home projects. I typically get him Home Depot gift cards & polo shirts every year since I know he'll use them but he doesn't really need the shirts or money.

This will be the first year that I am actually getting him something that I feel he will be really happy to receive. We were on a family trip, on the Turnpike and we stopped at a rest stop. They had these massage chairs and I tried one out. Felt great. I convinced him to try it (reluctantly) for like 3 minutes. He was hesitant as fuck about it but when I wasn't looking, I found he sneaked off and paid for his own session in another chair. He loved it and asked me to look into where he could get that one. I did track down the manufacturer and I've dodged the topic since. My mother says he regularly comments that I've apparently forgotten about the chair and that he really wanted to buy one. She's been telling him to forget about the chair. lol I did track down the manufacturer and we ordered him one for Xmas. Gonna have it delivered to the house and and set up in his room. They JUST started making them in black (it's not even on their site yet) and I reached out to one of their sales reps and got a $800 discount on it.

Damn thing feels amazing and I'll FINALLY give him something he'll enjoy every time he gets home. Back to Home Depot cards and polo shirts next year. LOL

https://www.shopizen.com/products/seren ... age-chair/

This is a pic they sent me from their warehouse, so I could see the black one:

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I thought that was a child's car seat until I read your post.
darcy

Post by darcy »

That looks great, Losbot, and boy, will that make him happy! :)
Briquette, 1992 - 2008 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

Lily, 1995 - 2009 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Funny you mentioned that. I bought a similar chair for myself a couple of months ago, and I'm loving it. I've been using it a lot more than I ever expected, especially when I crick my neck or have a bit of lower back pain. I find it especially nice after working out in the gym. I'm finding I'm doing less last-minute chiropractor visits.

Mine has built in blue tooth speakers so I usually just put on a audio book or podcast and recline it and let it work me over for 20 minutes.

What makes this one a bit different than others is you can flip over the foot massage section, and flip up a head cushion, and just use it as a regular recliner.

https://synca-wellness.com/product/j6900.html

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "