This Peloton commercial needs to calm down

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
Err
Life Member

This Peloton commercial needs to calm down

Post by Err »

https://news.avclub.com/this-peloton-co ... 1840147803

Be sure the read the comments under the article. They are gold.

Peloton stationary bike commercials are strange. They only show these bikes in million dollar homes with actors that couldn't possible afford the house or bike. All fitness gadget commercials have been that way ever since I can remember. Show me an out of shape person using one of these and maybe I'll take a look.
Executioner
Life Member

Re: This Peloton commercial needs to calm down

Post by Executioner »

So true. They always have a babe advertising those exercise bikes and other similar devices.

Regarding commercials, I currently hate the insurance commercials, especially Liberty Mutual. I would NEVER buy their insurance with their crap commercials. About the only one that is okay is probably Farmers. Then you have Progressive. I have no idea who they signed up with to create their commercials, but they suck also.

Here is more: Peloton’s viral ad captures a ‘116 lb woman’s YEARLONG fitness journey to becoming a 112 lb woman’
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/f4043b8 ... res-a.html
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

never was in the market for a exercise bike or equipment . hell I don't and never did think I needed to go to a Gym . last time i was in gym working out was when I was in school .when I was in the service yes they worked my body . also being in construction I always felt like I worked out enough daily .
anyway I thought to myself who really going to keep. paying to have a program tell them how the hell ride a exercise bike. Id think after a 6 month period .you figure it out to just go to gym and make friends to ride there with . my guess is your gym membership will be about the same price or less then this Peloton unit. also bet most get place in a home and unused after a couple of weeks or till the next installment is due . it reminds me of those bowflex units were people order them only to find they wont work/fit in there home . personal seen this happen more then once to family and clients. great TV ads and information pamplets but really most are not work out loner's so these unit collect pounds of dust.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I don't know how the average person fits half of these units in their home. The elliptical I bought (and now rarely use because I'm lazy) barely fit where I put it in the garage and I ended up blocking an outside door. I did want the door blocked because it was too easy to break in through it.

When I saw the Bowflex in person for the first time, I couldn't believe how massive it was. It was expensive at the time too. You could buy several weight benches for the price of one.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

LMFAO
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I wonder if anyone has bought one of these bikes, subscribed to the service to ride with others, and hooked a motor to the bike to smoke everyone else.

VR would be cool on a stationary bike provided you didn't fall off or vomit while riding. It would be neat to take a virtual ride through countries you couldn't afford to visit. You could take VR to the next level my having the bike throw you off if you crash too. Imagine a VR game where your goal is to bike through an apocalyptic future and you have to salvage parts to keep your bike going.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Shit at that point make it a FPS type (insert thing here) shooter game. You have to charge up your "gun" by pedaling or pedal to advance through the levels.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ryan Reynolds got the same actress to do a commercial for his Aviation Gin, in an obvious jab at the Peloton ad.

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I love the line, "you look great by the way."
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

That was awesome. I enjoy Reynold's humor. He was fun to watch in Lampoon's Van Wilder and Waiting.