home prices

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

home prices

Post by reno »

us from the midwest - cant even imagine paying the prices for homes in other parts of the us. we freak out when we see home in the the price range of 4-5 hundred thousand price range .to hear in california a small bungalow go for $750 thousands. then it only being about 1200 sf or less .
it could be a fixer up to top it off . yes I understand logistic but still its all crazy to me .
https://www.builderonline.com/land/loca ... =BP_061319&
Executioner
Life Member

Re: home prices

Post by Executioner »

The craziness is in the Silicone Valley areas including San Francisco. I work in Santa Clara, and the technician there was telling me that his house built in the 60's can sell for 2.5 mil. He had a neighbor who listed theirs for 2.2 mil and it sold for 2.6 mil after a biting war all in 1 week.

Yeah housing costs here in CA are extreme. Just my property tax is $760/month for a new house we bought in 2015.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Real estate is crazy and very much affected by location. We all know the materials for 2 different homes all cost the same but like you said, it's 1200sf for $750k in CA yet that $750k by me, will get you a gorgeous house with like 5000sf.

My folks just built a house with about 8100sf for less than what they sold their old place, which was about 5300sf. The old area they lived in was much more expensive.

Real estate is stupid crazy.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

LOL taxes are a high as regular rent around here. They (California) can have fun with the homeless and illegals. They made the bed now they get to sleep in it.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Pugsley wrote:LOL taxes are a high as regular rent around here. They (California) can have fun with the homeless and illegals. They made the bed now they get to sleep in it.
More like they shit the bed.
Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

It's all about area desirability and cos of living. Sure, homes cost a mint in Cali, people also tend to make a lot more money out there as well, and more people wanna live there thanks to the stable weather. There's a reason a ton of crops come out of Cali.

My old house was 1/4 the size of my place in GA and property taxes were 4X.

None of this has shit to do with illegals or homeless.