Uber’s Colossal I.P.O. Flop May Be the Worst Ever on Wall Street

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Uber’s Colossal I.P.O. Flop May Be the Worst Ever on Wall Street

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I was just talking about this with my investment broker the day before the IPO. I asked him if he really thought the company was worth anywhere near $90 Billion and he just shook his head sadly. The company is burning cash and despite the grand claims, driverless cars are not happening anytime soon.

Don't get me wrong I love Uber and I use it a lot, but realistically if Uber is to survive, they need to start charging more and paying the drivers better and/or offering the drivers benefits. It would still be cheaper than a taxi and certainly a lot more comfortable and convenient.

I generously over tip Uber drivers. You can't make a living wage off of a bunch of 12 dollar trips that you only get a small percentage of.

Yeah Amazon did the same thing to gain market share in the early days, but despite their claims Uber is no Amazon.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/05 ... all-street
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Pugsley

Re: Uber’s Colossal I.P.O. Flop May Be the Worst Ever on Wall Street

Post by Pugsley »

Amazon owns property and assets... Uber has an office and a computer network. They don't own all the cars like a normal cab service.