R.I.P. HardOCP

Discussions about anything Computer Hardware Related. Overclocking, underclocking and talk about the latest or even the oldest technology. PCA Reviews feedback
Nuby1Canuby

R.I.P. HardOCP

Post by Nuby1Canuby »

Effective April 1, 2019 Kyle Bennett, the owner of HardOCP will be taking on the position of Director of Enthusiast Engagement for Intel’s Technology Leadership Marketing group.

"So what happens to HardOCP? I have thought long and hard about this. I do not want to sell HardOCP or HardForum and see those properties turned into something that I would not be proud of. HardOCP will be "mothballed." It will no longer publish news, editorial, or hardware review content. Of course, being the "Director of Enthusiast Engagement" and closing HardForum.com, one of the largest computer enthusiast forums on the Internet, does not seem to go hand-in-hand, but there are some conflict of interest issues that need to be tackled. HardForum.com will be sold to a company that I have done business with for years, one that I can trust to run it in the way you are familiar with. HardForum will be demonitised and all advertising and commission links removed. Simply put, HardForum will not make money in any way. It will be left up to its members to fund operations through Patreon."

I'll miss their extensive hardware reviews that used actual in-game play-throughs instead of canned benchmarks.

https://www.hardocp.com/article/2019/03 ... llo_intel/

https://hardforum.com/threads/goodbye-h ... 1044131369
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: R.I.P. HardOCP

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Yeah, Kyle had a great site.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

I will miss the site a lot. It always had good stuff, esp in the forums. I can see why he doesn't want it to go the way of AT or Toms
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

It's sad, they were where I started my PC career. That said, I rarely drop by there because they don't do as many personal reviews as they used to do.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

wow forgot about them -RIP Hardocp
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

HA! I remember burning T shirts at PCA LAN and they got all bent out of shape about it.... or was that OCZ? I think it was OCZ cause I remember somebody's ram was junk out of the box and across the board it never preformed like it should have.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

pugsley it was OCZ we trashed at the lan ! they were so pissed off we called them out ! what a memory . hehehe
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Yeah all the review sites were giving good reviews and all the friends I knew that used it said it was unstable as all hell. Good times. We should try and do another party.... Maybe when I get my new barn built.