NetSpot Wifi Heatmap App at BoingBoing Store for $19

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

NetSpot Wifi Heatmap App at BoingBoing Store for $19

Post by FlyingPenguin »

For $19 bucks I figured WTH and picked up a copy. I could see this as a handy tool to diagnose weak Wifi at a client's office. It's normally $49 on the publisher's website.

Used it to map the Wifi coverage of my house. Not surprisingly, because I have something like 5 access points, my house has excellent coverage. Everything's green or yellow which is great. You can import any image file as the background map, then click two points on the map and enter how many feet apart they are, and that gives the app the proper scale. You then walk around the house and do a Wifi survey by clicking on the location on the map you're standing on. Each of those map points is a spot I made a scan at. Each scan took about 10 seconds. I can go back and add more points later.

NetSpot at BoingBoing for $19:
https://store.boingboing.net/sales/nets ... me-license

It's for Mac or Windows. I >think< there's also an Android app. More details on the publisher's website: https://www.netspotapp.com/

This is the Home version. The Pro has more features. There's also a more limited free version.

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Executioner
Life Member

Re: NetSpot Wifi Heatmap App at BoingBoing Store for $19

Post by Executioner »

Are you on 1 acre? Look like a pretty big spread.
wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

cool little app!
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Actually we're on 20 acres. Bought it 22 years ago for a song with a dilapidated house on it that we THOUGHT we would only live in for a couple of years until we built the REAL house. We only got around to building the REAL house last year. :)
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Nice find. I'll have to look into that.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Just checked. It's still $19