Google Confirms Serious Chrome Security Problem - Here's How To Fix It

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Google Confirms Serious Chrome Security Problem - Here's How To Fix It

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Make sure your Chrome is updated to the latest version.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/daveywinde ... 57a30c2002
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Google Confirms Serious Chrome Security Problem - Here's How To Fix It

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Looks like it's even worse on Win7. Combined with another Windows flaw, it can be used to own your PC. It's so bad Google is recommending upgrading to Win10. Now so far they've only seen this exploited on Win7 32 bit systems, so there might be something that makes 64bit more immune.

Make darn sure you all force update Chrome ASAP.

We'll have to wait and see if MS patches the Windows problem.

Google Says Upgrade To Windows 10 After Critical Flaws Found In Chrome And Windows 7
https://www.forbes.com/sites/daveywinde ... c984e05c1b
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

It's all part of Microsoft's evil, master plan to scare people into upgrading to their Win10 platform.
CONFORM, PEOPLE!! CONFORM NOW!!!

LMFAO :D
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

If you're not playing games, then moving from windows to Linux makes perfect sense. I still play games, so I'm stuck with Windows for now, but I do have a spare laptop with Linux Mint installed, and it works perfectly. I like they way that LM handles updates: They are classified on a scale from 1-5. By default, it will ASK if you want to install levels 1 -3. For levels 4 and 5, in the options you can select to have those installed also. Once updates are installed, you don't even have to reboot.