Doom Remake 4: Classic Doom gets a complete 3D facelift

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Doom Remake 4: Classic Doom gets a complete 3D facelift

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Have you ever dreamed about seeing DOOM in HD or with modern feel? Well today you are lucky, Doom Remake 4 is basically a compilation of mods that make it look more polished and aesthetic. It brings you: High Resolution Textures with PBR materials, 3D models of every object and enemy, New HUD (modified DoomVisor), Brutal mods with plenty of blood and gibs.
https://www.pcgamesn.com/doom/doom-remaster

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Doom Remake 4: Classic Doom gets a complete 3D facelift

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Okay, it looks F'ing awesome. You have an option to download it with enhanced remastered music which is great. If anyone needs the original game's DOOM.WAD LMK.

Exec, the whole installed mod game with the Doom.wad is on my shares.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Heh. Played for 4 hours. First two chapters on Ultra Violence. Was fun playing Doom again. The engine looks great. Be sure to manually set your monitor's actual resolution - the game defaults to 640x480.

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Great. I'll grab it this weekend. Thanks
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I thought that I could play it on my old Leveno laptop, T510, but I remembered that I have the crappy Intel graphics on board. So I loaded it up on my gaming rig which work just fine. What an improvement including the music. I played for a couple of hours yesterday. I was also trying to remember all the secrets since it's been so long.
Do you know if it will work with the DOOM2 wad file?
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I think it will because the demo video shows the double barrel shotty. I think that any WAD files you drop in there will just show up in the menu.

I haven't tried the two 3rd party custom WADs that were included yet.

I've been having fun with it. I've been pretty good about remembering most of the secrets. But I completely forgot about that fake exit in E2M6. I actually had to look up where the real exit was. It was driving me nuts. What s brilliant map.

You can really appreciate the brilliant map design in that game. Romero at his best.

I've also been enjoying Dusk, which I reviewed in a seperate thread. Quake style retro throw back retro game with very good maps. I think it's still 20 bucks on Steam.

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I went in to change the resolution to my monitor: 1980x1080, which is in the menu, but it I don't see any adjustment after selecting it. I really like the music. I've been playing 98% of the time with just the shot gun. It's a blast to shoot a barrel and watch all the blood and gibs go flying.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Played first 3 episodes on Nightmare. Can't even get past lobby of E4M1 on nightmare though.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

BTW: I dropped the DOOM2.WAD in there and it works just fine.

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Did you play those other levels? Very impressive, and there is on that is very large. Took me 45 minutes to finish it.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Haven't tried them yet. Rediscovering how much fun Doom2 was right now. In many ways it's a much better game than Doom was.