My Twitter Thread on Abortion

Kick Back and Relax in the Cheers! Forum. Thoughts on life or want advice or thoughts from other pca members. Or just plain "chill". Originator of da Babe threads.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

My Twitter Thread on Abortion

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I read the Twitter post this morning. I may not totally buy her '100%' assertion, but she has a point, and it's interesting to hear a woman's perspective.

One of the replies on Twitter is dead on: "If men could get pregnant, there would be drive-through abortion clinics on every block."

https://www.designmom.com/twitter-thread-abortion/
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

darcy

Re: My Twitter Thread on Abortion

Post by darcy »

A lot** of good points.
Briquette, 1992 - 2008 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

Lily, 1995 - 2009 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Lots of good points but the bulk of it is that it's all men's fault, for their pleasure. So the woman doesn't enjoy it? I've known women that enjoy sex w/o a condom, or that enjoy having the man ejaculate inside them. Why's everything the man's fault? Some of the blame for an unwanted pregnancy needs to fall on the woman too. If she's willfully engaging in sex for pleasure, then there's always a risk. Can't be all HIS fault. SMH
Cheap

Post by Cheap »

I haven't been here in a while, so why not pop in and say hello in a good ole abortion thread! :)

She makes some thoughtful observations, some of which I've never seen before. But I'm perplexed that she claims to be religious and then immediately makes a suggestion that fails a very basic moral code: two wrongs don't make a right. Forcing an invasive birth control method (vasectomy) on a populace is not a morally appropriate method for preventing the murder of unborn children. If she came at this from the perspective that she was an atheist or agnostic, her argument would hold more weight. Removing free will (personal responsibility) is simply not an acceptable mechanism for many religious people and even the non-religious. That being said, many politicians pick their side on abortion due to their political affiliation as opposed to actual personal beliefs. Money and power speak to most people far more than their supposed religion, but that's not a reflection on the failure of the religion.

We won't see an end to this in our lifetimes. The philosophical divide is too deep.