Lucion FileCenter: great replacement for PaperPort or your basic scanner app

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Lucion FileCenter: great replacement for PaperPort or your basic scanner app

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I've been using PaperPort for a very long time, but the latest version (14.5) has been a bit buggy and bloated, and was released 3 years ago for Win10 compatibility (14.0 wasn't Win10 compatible) and hasn't been updated since. For some reason it stopped working on my workstation last week entirely: it just crashes as soon as you open it. Tried several fixes posted on their forums, to no avail.

Since I'd been getting tired of it anyway, I started researching a replacement and found Lucion FileCenter. I really like it. Functionally, it does everything PaperPort does, but better and faster. One of the most annoying things about PaperPort is that you can't properly use a new scanner without a long and tedious configuration and test process. FileCenter just finds your scanner and it works without all that nonsense.

The built-in enhanced PDF editor (in the Pro version) is more feature packed than the one that comes with PaperPort.

The price for the Pro version is $149, BUT if you tell them you're switching from PaperPort they'll give you a $20 discount. I just used the "Contact Sales" link on their website, and said I saw mentioned on their website that they give discounts to PaperPort users and they replied with a link to a shopping cart with the $20 discount. I didn't have to provide any proof I actually owned PaperPort.

There's a free 15 day trial you can download to try it out, which is what I did. When I bought the full version I just had to enter the serial number into the trial to fully activate it.

https://www.lucion.com/filecenter-buy.php

They also have some excellent tutorial videos on their website: https://www.lucion.com/videos-library.php

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: Lucion FileCenter: great replacement for PaperPort or your basic scanner app

Post by Losbot »

Thanks. I'll have to take a look. How much did you pay? Any discounts/rebates?
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Lucion FileCenter: great replacement for PaperPort or your basic scanner app

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Pro is $149. If you tell them that you are a PaperPort user they'll knock $20 off.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "