New Chevy Blazer for 2019

This car is systematic, hyyydromatic...why it's greased lightning!
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

New Chevy Blazer for 2019

Post by reno »

After seeing GM press release on the new model im thinking I may want one .
we were going to be looking for a 2018 Chevrolet Equinox or GMC Acadia or GMC Terrain .
do to family we need to stay with GM per the wife .
If I had my way we be looking at a Toyota Highlander.
were going to park are 2006 Saturn vue as are northern home ride. 3 month a year we be using it.
we also don't need a 4 x 4 seeing we be in florida for the winters.
wish I could find out when these Blazers will be available and more details like price , mpg . also get to test drive one to see if its really fits are needs.
we do know it be built in mexico . also have some concerns that it be a first year car . but we did have great luck with a first year 2002 Saturn Vue we bought this car we just sold last month to a guy and he payed me top dollar for he really wanted it. was a 5 speed stick and still had the original clutch and motor . only thing i replaced were plug's, wires, brakes , one rear wheel bearing . not bad in 16 year old car.
wvjohn

Re: New Chevy Blazer for 2019

Post by wvjohn »

I' m always cautious about 1st year models. Always some "oops" potential. I've become a Toyota guy in the last 10 years. My 2008 Rav4 has 116k and I had a few warranty covered repairs - but the first thing in years was a water pump last month. My wife has a 6 yr old Rav4, no issues at all. I've also got a 2001 F250 with 65K. It's reall not that much bigger than that new Chevy "Smaller :) " pickup.

The workers in the Mexican factories make ~$US 2.50 /hr. A little cheaper than Detroit.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

We have a 2017 GMC Acadia that the wife drives and we love it. It's great on the road.
reno

Post by reno »

here is what we ended buying we will be getting it on tuesday . my dealer will have it monday but were not avail. to pick it up.
https://www.sellersbuickgmc.com/Vehicle ... 3233396713

https://www.sellersbuickgmc.com/f_Windo ... Sticker%27
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

We had a Terrain before the Acadia. Great little SUV. We just needed more room for our road trips. 4 adults and 2 kids plus bags travel nicely in the Acadia. 3rd row helps a lot.
reno

Post by reno »

it is a bit smaller then are 2008 saturn vue.
we order a trailer hitch package so will be bringing it back to the dealer to be installed when it come's in . we payed a bit more then buying a aftermarket unit .
losbot what motor did you have in yours . I went for the 2.0 turbo after doing some test drives . the 1.5 turbo just didn't feel like it moved fast enough for old lead foot here. as you see we also went with fwd . didn't see a need for all wheel drive . the car wont see snow it be in florida all winter. only time i might of used AWD be on the beach :)
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Wife had a 2016. It was the Denali, so it had the V6 3.6L for my Mrs. Leadfoot. LOL