Black XP theme?

Post your best Windows Tips, Shortcuts, Important add-ons, etc
Pugsley

Black XP theme?

Post by Pugsley »

I remember a LONG time ago somebody had a nice looking dark (black) theme for xp. I did a reinstall a few months ago and would like to find it again. If i remember correctly the 3 window (close minimize...) buttons were just small dots.

For the life of me I cant find it anywhere here or on the net... I did find one of the files needed to get it to work, UXTheme Multi-Patcher (Neowin Edition) 2.5.1, I remember you had to run that before the theme would work properly.

If anybody has this relic or can link to it that would be great.
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Not familiar with that one. I do like the Zune Theme. It's also dark. It's what I use.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

That's what I am doing now... its ok... just not as nice as the old one.
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Is the Zune theme from MS?
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

You may just have to browse through the ones on deviantart:

http://browse.deviantart.com/customization/skins/windows/visualstyle/?order=9
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Exec: Yes, the Zune theme from MS.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I have tons of old ..msstyles laying around. Maybe I could package them all up into a .rar or something? But surely anyone that I have you SHOULD be able to find on DeviantArt, although some I have are from long ago on Deviant Art.
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Does it look anything like this (just ignore the pile of icons on my desktop, I've been busy)?

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/7305/snapl.jpg
Key Keeper

Post by Key Keeper »

Damn Normalicy, you got enough things running in the taskbar? LOL! That just looks like Vista is all. I like the Zune theme the best, nice and clean like its OEM for XP.
[email="chevelle.h@gmail.com"][color="red"]MAIL[/color][/email]
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Is this it?

It's called Royal Noir. You can get it here: http://www.istartedsomething.com/20061029/royale-noir/
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Key Keeper wrote:Damn Normalicy, you got enough things running in the taskbar? LOL! That just looks like Vista is all. I like the Zune theme the best, nice and clean like its OEM for XP.
LOL, I forgot that this was one of Vista's defaults. I actually had a theme for XP that looked just like this though.

Actually, a bunch of them are Vista defaults:
USB removal, Network connection status, Volume (of course my soundblaster wants it's own control as well).

Then I've got the typical torrent, antivirus, dameon tools (hardly ever use a disc drive unless I'm recording).

Then I've got my auction sniping software, calendar software, unlocker program (so useful at the least expected times), and Hamachi to keep connected with my work & family's computers for remote access. Oh & Logitec's software for my G9 mouse.

I could disable a bunch of them, but my computer is quite snappy (8gb of ram).
Key Keeper

Post by Key Keeper »

Take it your running 64bit then? I got 4gb and Im still greedy lol! I disable everything I dont need and run things manually if I need them.
[email="chevelle.h@gmail.com"][color="red"]MAIL[/color][/email]
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Yeah, 64 bit was the main reason I switched to Vista. Well that & the fact that I had trouble figuring out all the new stuff on other people's computers. It's been good to me so far. I really don't need any of the features. I almost use is like XP really.

I do close my torrent & auction sniping programs while gaming. The torrents really suck up some CPU & network usage.