TaoTronics Bluetooth 5.0 wireless ear buds mini-review

Post all the great deals here to share with other Ferengi's
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

TaoTronics Bluetooth 5.0 wireless ear buds mini-review

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Bought these on a recommendation a couple of weeks ago. I use them for the gym. They have a lot of the quality build and features of Airpods, without the high price.

Bass sucks (but then again even my wired Apple earbuds don't have much bass), but then again I mostly use them for listening to podcasts and audiobooks, and I set the EQ on my iPod Touch to reduce Treble. They are the type of buds that plug snuggly into your ear canal and the tighter the fit, the better the bass.

Like the more expensive Airpods, they automatically re-pair with your device as soon as you remove them from the charger. Controls are also similar - tap the end of the bud to pause/play, change volume, answer phone. I haven't tried to use them with my phone so I have no idea what the mic sounds like.

The charger case is well designed with a magnet that pulls the buds out of you hand and locks them into their charging holes. The charger case itself has an internal rechargeable battery so you can recharge your buds on the go.

The reviews say about 4 hours of continuous audio battery life, but I've never used them that long.

For the money, I'd say they're worth it if you want to stick your foot into the BT earbud game without spending a lot of money.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H2JNFYZ

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

b-man1

Re: TaoTronics Bluetooth 5.0 wireless ear buds mini-review

Post by b-man1 »

How is the noise cancelling for phone calls? When I talk to people that are using AirPods, the background noise is terrible.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: TaoTronics Bluetooth 5.0 wireless ear buds mini-review

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Haven't used the microphone yet, but I'll try making a call or recording with them.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "