Norton Ghost 2002 OEM $20

Post all the great deals here to share with other Ferengi's
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

http://store.yahoo.com/viosoft/norghos20ful.html

OEM CD only with no box (but who cares?).
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

40wnks
Genuine Member

Norton Ghost

Post by 40wnks »

Thanks FP. I have been wanting to try this program. Can't use my Drive Copy 2.0 anymore with Windows XP.
Bill
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

You might want to wait for Ghost 2003. The 2002 version is DOS based and can't be run under WinXP or 2K (you have to boot into DOS with a Win99 repair disk to use them).

The 2003 version is rumored (no confirmation - maybe someone else here knows) to run in a Window under WinXP/2K.

I use Ghost 2002 myself and frankly I would feel VERY uncomfortable making a Ghost image from within Windows (I refuse to do it even on Win98 systems). But I'm comfortable working in the DOS version.

The company in that link - Vio Software - doesn't yet have 2003 in stock.

That's a good OEM mailorder software vendor BTW - excellent reseller ratings and they have darn good prices.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

40wnks
Genuine Member

2002 Ghost

Post by 40wnks »

Thanks FP, I went ahead and cancelled the order. I saw 2002 but it did not register with me. TechTV (The Screensavers) talked about Ghost 2003 last week and they discussed its functionality within Windows XP. I will go for that when I can find it cheaper. I will check Viosoft for other bargains.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Well I just read up on Ghost 2003. While it does have a Windows front end, it still reboots into DOS (in the case of 2K & XP it loads it's own version of DOS) in order to actually perform the image operation.

I guess this makes it easier to use for some people (I know a lot of people find Ghost a bit arcane to learn) but I don't see the point. I'd rather just continue using the 2002 DOS version.

There's not much diffeence otherwise.