OK...this is getting old(win2k china defect problem)

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
cak

OK...this is getting old(win2k china defect problem)

Post by cak »

For the second time, this has happend...

Pc is working fine, i reboot, upon reboot the display driver doesn't seem to be installed and the windows logon is in chinese. A window pops up that says "windows logon has generated errors. You'll need to restart the program. Error in logon.exe" Then the pc reboots it self. Upon doing that it then goes to a diff screen saying it needs to check one of my drives for consistancy. Does so and finds nothign wrong, then get the same logon problem over and over. The consistancy thing never came back.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

1) Check for viruses - there was a massive Chinese hacker attack a month ago

2) If you're overclocking, could be that you're pushing it and certain files won't load sometimes. Back down on the O/C

Hope this helps...
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

cak

Post by cak »

Done both :(
vwkess

Post by vwkess »

Don't know if this will help, but I had a problem a while back logging in both on a domain and locallaly. I would get a "Domain not available" message. I replaced the rsaenh.dll and schannel.dll files in the system32 directory (had to boot to the emergency repair console). I know its a different problem, but I guess its worth a shot.