wife just bought are grandson a camera - cant fine it in windows 11 pro

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

wife just bought are grandson a camera - cant fine it in windows 11 pro

Post by reno »

is there a way to read this camera as windows not reading it via USB.the paper work said window me/2000/2003 /xp/vista /win7 . the USB port will charge it . it is a cheap Amazon plastic camera has a mini SD card slot .and came with 32 gb card and a thumb drive (even the thunb drive my computer won't read or see it ).https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C4T6HMB3?re ... tails&th=1
Kids Digital Camera for Boys and Girls, Children HD Digital Video Camera for Toddler, Kids Camera with 32GB SD Card, Toy Camera for 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Year Old Girl (Blue)
Executioner
Life Member

Re: wife just bought are grandson a camera - cant fine it in windows 11 pro

Post by Executioner »

I don't know. I'm also having a weird issue with a Dell Inspiron 17 5759. After a fresh install of Windows 10 Home and having all the drivers updated via Windows 10 update, I can't get it to pop up a window asking how to open the DVD movie. I have VLC installed, and with all the laptops I've fixed, it will pop up a window asking how to handle the inserted DVD.

As a check, I decided to install Windows 11 even though Win11 is not supported on this laptop because of the CPU, but after all the updates including drivers from Windows 11 update, now when I put in the DVD movie, I get the pop up windows asking how to handle the device.

In Windows 10, I can get it to play the DVD when I open VLC and select the DVD from their menu. I've checked all the settings, but still can't figure it out. This is on a fresh Windows 10 ISO download.

WEIRD.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Exec: You may need to go to the default app setting in Windows settings.

Reno:
No: Doesn't make sense, it should just appear as a flash drive, unless a data pinmon the camera's USB is broken.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

FlyingPenguin wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:34 am Exec: You may need to go to the default app setting in Windows settings.
I did! I set VLC as the default video player and the popup window never happens or the movie never auto plays.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Hmmm. This is my puzzled look.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I decided to reinstall 10 and now it works. Looking back, I think it may have been due to the Shutup10 install. Installing 10 as UEFI was a pain in the ass. I could not get the BIOS to show the boot option when pressing F12. I finally got it to work by leaving the USB stick in the slot then rebooted. Now it shows up in the boot menu. Weird...
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

it see's it on wifes windows 10 desk top machine . but nothing on my window11 pro.