Malwarebytes new addon

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
Executioner
Life Member

Malwarebytes new addon

Post by Executioner »

I had a notification to update Malwarebytes, and it now includes as an option "Browser Guard". Seems to work quite well. Go to a site that is heavy on ads like Yahoo.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Malwarebytes new addon

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I like Ublock Origin. It's open source, it blocks everything, the author is OCD about privacy, and he doesn't even accept donations because he doesn't want to be influenced.

Much as I like Malwarebytes, they and all these other security companies have a vested interested in harvesting information from us, and there is no better way than sticking an extension in your browser that knows every website you visit.

Their own privacy states they collect data. I don't see anything too concerning on that oage, but why use an extension that sends anything at all?

https://www.malwarebytes.com/privacy/
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I guess I should have read the fine print. I have it currently disabled for now.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Well it looks like even using the premium version of MB will do the same. Using google does the same. They all do it. In your link, there was another link where you can opt-out of ads which I did. It was a boat load of companies. It was under "Choice". https://preferences-mgr.truste.com/
So I op-out of all of them.