Download the new Microsoft Edge based on Chromium

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Download the new Microsoft Edge based on Chromium

Post by FlyingPenguin »

If you or someone you know is using Edge, download the update that replaces the original Edge with the new Chromium based version. It's supposed to get pushed out to everyone automatically, even back to Win10 build 1803, but I haven't seen it pushed out yet on any of my PCs. It also runs on Win7 & 8 BTW.

I've been using the weekly Dev build beta on my Surface tablet for the last six months and it's rock solid. Even supports Chrome store extensions. The tablet is the only PC I use it on because Firefox & Chrome don't support touch screens. It's made my tablet browsing a lot nicer. The old Edge was very slow, and kludgy.

You can download the installer here. It will replace the old Edge. It'll import your favorites and other data:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... n-chromium
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Executioner
Life Member

Re: Download the new Microsoft Edge based on Chromium

Post by Executioner »

Thanks for the link. I had to go in and re-enable my addons. I noticed they don't list the Chrome store for extensions, only the MS store, but there is that option below to allow it. Any way to get it to be added so you click on a link?
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Download the new Microsoft Edge based on Chromium

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I just browse directly to the Google Chrome store and pick an add-on and it works. The first time it asked for permission to allow Chrome apps and then it was fine.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "