We "Upgraded" our Document Management System

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
Err
Life Member

We "Upgraded" our Document Management System

Post by Err »

Every time I log into this system, I want to immediately log out. There is a ridiculous amount of wasted space. My tasks are sorted by whatever rather than due date. Worst of all, I can't edit this mess of a UI. The only thing I need to see when I log in are my tasks sorted by due date. I don't need a tile telling me the date. I also don't need an entire tile devoted to settings and an "Innovative Solutions" that does nothing.

Maybe in the next "upgrade" we'll get a ribbon toolbar that takes up 1/3 of the screen. At least the folks that the designed the Windows 8.0 UI found another gig.

The real kicker is that none of the bugs that plagued the previous version were fixed. We still get a random "page not found" if you attempt to open more than a couple of documents within a minute or so of each other.

psypher
Golden Member

Re: We "Upgraded" our Document Management System

Post by psypher »

oh man, that is aweful!
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

did they hire the windows 10 tile design team ?
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Hell it looks more like v1.0 of Windows Mobile.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "