wife older dell desktop windows 10 problem ?

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

wife older dell desktop windows 10 problem ?

Post by reno »

its a dell optiplex 380 .https://www.cnet.com/products/dell-optiplex-380 / not sure of all the spec. anyway i go to do a windows update it go's 100 percent then when done it returns to the last version on the computer . any ideas she only use it to recover old stored photos and home videos. most the time like 95 % she on her Ipad. so most the time it sits in a corner in the bedroom .
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Re: wife older dell desktop windows 10 problem ?

Post by reno »

bit more it using a 32 bit windows and 2 gig ram with the e5300 cpu- 2600 ghz
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: wife older dell desktop windows 10 problem ?

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Is this the major "feature" update like going from build 1803 to 1903? Many people are reporting issues with the feature update failing to this latest version. You can google it. Make sure there's enough space on the drive for the update (you'd probably want 10 GB or more free).

Frankly, with only 2GB of RAM I'm surprised it'll even run Win10. And 32bit? That must be painfully slow.

If that's all she uses it for, why not take it off the Internet, disable updates, and just keep using it as-is?
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "