How difficult is it to change the user name

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
Executioner
Life Member

How difficult is it to change the user name

Post by Executioner »

in Win 10? I bought a used Asus gaming laptop, G751-JY, and when the guy wiped it, I forgot to tell him to use a specific name. So he set it up with a user name as Admin and a password of admin. I don't want to create another account. Just want this one to be renamed.

Also, I've been having problems with the wireless card using Win 10 1809 version. It will connect, then disconnect after a few minutes. Doing search in google, revels that this wireless card does not play well with 10. It's an Intel AC 7260. It started having issues after the creator's update. After more digging, I actually used an older driver that was released back in 2-22-2015, version 17.15.0.5. Could not find any older drives from Intel on their site. I found it on MS's catalog site. Had them all listed for all versions of Windows. Since I got it working with the older driver, I also turned off updating of drivers in 10.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: How difficult is it to change the user name

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Just as easy as it was in Win7. The actual yser folder will still be called Admin in the directory, but Windows can change the 'friendly' name.

if you want to change the folder name as well then you'll just have to create a new user and delete admin when you're done.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "