Future changes to Chrome

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Future changes to Chrome

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Yeah I had the same problem. It's the very aggressive built in ad blocker. I discuss the fix here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=63177#p367118
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Yep. I'm in now. Grassy-Ass!
GuardianAsher
Golden Member

Post by GuardianAsher »

I stopped using Firefox when it lost all of my bookmarks, and nuked the backups. I've been using Chrome since at least 2010, and it is so embedded in my daily routine I don't know what I am going to do if they don't back down on this.

I checked out Brave on my spare laptop and it seems okay. I could probably force myself to get used to it if I had to. But it will be a heck of a life change for me. I see that it has its own sync function, but I've been using and have been relying on Chrome/Google sync for so long I'm skeptical and worried.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

GuardianAsher wrote:I stopped using Firefox when it lost all of my bookmarks, and nuked the backups. I've been using Chrome since at least 2010, and it is so embedded in my daily routine I don't know what I am going to do if they don't back down on this.

I checked out Brave on my spare laptop and it seems okay. I could probably force myself to get used to it if I had to. But it will be a heck of a life change for me. I see that it has its own sync function, but I've been using and have been relying on Chrome/Google sync for so long I'm skeptical and worried.
Use Brave. It's chromium based and looks/feels just like Chrome.