Better method to update Win7, new install? Solved!!!

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
EvilHorace
Life Member

Re: Better method to update Win7, new install?

Post by EvilHorace »

Whew, finally fixed!!! I followed the instructions that Bob posted above and that worked. Then I installed the Convenience Rollup, then still an additional 70 updates and everything's working as it should. Even the video card driver updated.
Thanks to everyone who helped me solve this.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Better method to update Win7, new install? Solved!!!

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Woot!
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

EvilHorace
Life Member

Post by EvilHorace »

I've gotta say that this trusty old laptop is now back to it's speedy old self again with Win7.
Ran Vista (originally), 8, 8.1 well too but never liked Win10 (was slower and buggy no matter what I tried and I dealt with it for over 1 yr). Should have switched back within the 1 month period but I was hoping it'd get better, never did.
EvilHorace
Life Member

Post by EvilHorace »

Last week I got a used replacement HDD for an another older laptop that previous had Win7 on it. Same BS occurred with this unit as well and took even a bit more work to get updates to DL. Pain in the butt!
This problem didn't happen the first time I installed Win7 on this laptop (same disc) many years ago so MS has obviously changed something to make this process a bummer. Hours and hundreds of updates later, all is good.