ANYDVD gone

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
Executioner
Life Member

ANYDVD gone

Post by Executioner »

The Antigua-based software company SlySoft has shut down its website and ceased sales of the popular Blu-ray ripping software AnyDVD. The action comes several days after a group of Hollywood studios and technology partners asked the U.S. Government to intervene.
https://torrentfreak.com/popular-blu-ra ... re-160224/
Err
Life Member

Re: ANYDVD gone

Post by Err »

That sucks. I use MakeMKV for ripping BluRay and DVD. For now it's still up.

http://www.makemkv.com/
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Not sure how the US government could do anything about it. It's not a US based company. Don't think we've heard the last word here.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I have a feeling they'll be back. I paid for it. Worked nicely. I wish I had grabbed the latest version though. You grabbed it Bob?
Shadow250
Golden Member

Post by Shadow250 »

you can get it. just google anydvd 7.6.9.0

heres a link http://www.techspot.com/downloads/468-anydvd.html
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

That will likely be a limited time trial. AnyDVD is subscription based now. I have an old unlimited license.
They have to update it regularly to defeat newer copy protection on DVDs.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Yeah, I bought the lifetime as well. I always just updated it. No issues.
Thanks!
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Well all I use it for is ripping my DVDs to my NAS (using CloneDVD which hasn't needed an update in a year), and removing all the commercials. You don't need an update for that. CSS was cracked ages ago. I keep it up to date so I have the latest version.

What the license REALLY bought you was updates for the BluRay encryption cracking, because the industry does keep changing the keys for that.

I love being able to watch DVDs without all the ads and notices and crap. The rare occasions when I pop a real DVD or BluRay into a machine and have to tolerate all that crap, drives me nuts.

eGoCeNTRoNiX

Post by eGoCeNTRoNiX »

I have an old version of AnyDVD, works great. I can't complain. Although, I haven't tried to burn a BluRay in ages. I used to burn quite a few when I was on Netflix BluRay, but that's been 4 or 5 years ago.