Win98 Lite??

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
kgdb

Post by kgdb »

Your opinions please.... I have an older laptop (P90 40mb ram) I only use this for surfing etc when @home is down. I am presently running 98 SE but I use Netscape( I know I know....) my question is does anyone run 98 lite? Seems this may be a good option for my ageing laptop? Any opinions? Good or bad ? Thanks...
kgdb

Canadian
smb
Almighty Member

Post by smb »

I've used it before. It's pretty good for removing that extra crap out of win98. it does speed up your system a small bit as well.
bitSLAP
Golden Member

Post by bitSLAP »

Excellent program. I used it on the network clients at school. I noticed a considerable difference in speed (P133s/32 megs ram mostly :( )

Netscape didn't crash as much either. Who know eh?
kgdb

Post by kgdb »

Thanks guys, perhaps I will give it a go! I just have the preview version, is the win98 Lite Professional version bigtime different from the preview?
kgdb

Canadian
smb
Almighty Member

Post by smb »

the full version removes the html part from win98 help files. I never used that part, I was always satisifed with just the removing the win98 shell and replacing it with the win95 shell. If you replace the shell with the win95 shell, just be aware that you won't be able to customize your start menu to the extent of win98. but it is worth it, as it is more stable as well.
Frost
Golden Member

Post by Frost »

<b>smb</b> you got mail in a sec.

Frost.
<a href=mailto:Frost@pcabusers.com>E-mail</a> / <a href=http://heatware.elitehardware.com/view.shtml?action=list&option=frost>Heatware</a> / <a href=http://frostyspc.homestead.com>My computer</a>