WTF Word!?!?

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
TheBattousai

WTF Word!?!?

Post by TheBattousai »

Gee, I'm gonna keep starting the WTF threads....

Okay, my Microsoft Word is acting like crap. It keeps freezing up and won't acknowledge when I type any letters. Occasionally the whole program just crashes and shuts inself down. I'm trying to write up a resume and its not going too well.... Any help is always appreciated.
smb
Almighty Member

Post by smb »

didi you just install a service pack for word ?
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Try running the uninstaller of Office which should have a Repair option.

Check for background apps & spyware. Word's prone to problems from 3rd party plugins and macros. Have you installed anything recently that provides either?
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

TheBattousai

Post by TheBattousai »

smb- Yeah, I have a Purdue University service pack of Word, gives me all the Office applications.

FP- Well, I had that earlier post about stuff getting installed into my IE, so my guess would be yes. I'm gonna try the uninstaller and pray it has good results.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Sounds like some kind of virus. My father-in-law had a problem with his where it would not allow you to save any documents. It was a viurs (can't remember the exact name).
swinada
Golden Member

Post by swinada »

I had problems like that quiet a while ago, I was running Win ME and Office XP. Whenever i used Office and had Internent Explorer also open, "word" would start acting up. If i closed IE everything was fine.
All the best from the west!