Need @home install software

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
Lmandrake

Need @home install software

Post by Lmandrake »

My youngest son, who lives with my ex, has comcast@home. His machine was all screwed up so I had to do a format and clean install. Unfortunately, he has comcast@home for broadband and can't find his install disk anywhere. I looked on the net to see if I could get the @home software, but I couldn't find a place to download it anywhere.

Does anybody have a link, or could somebody email me the software so I can burn it and give it to my son?

Thanks
Braunyaur

Post by Braunyaur »

I have the original disk, but I will go to @homes site, and see if I can get the newest stuff.

Just FYI, I use DHCP when I format, and have had no problems connecting as long as the computer name is the same. I have never used their software for anything.
As<font color="#0000FF" face="Bookman Old Style"><em><strong> cool </strong></em></font>as the other side of the pillow.
Braunyaur

Post by Braunyaur »

OK. I have 3.2, plus the install instructions. It's only 1.2MB big, so if you have an email account that can handle it, let me know.
As<font color="#0000FF" face="Bookman Old Style"><em><strong> cool </strong></em></font>as the other side of the pillow.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

You DO NOT need the @Home disc.

SETTING UP COMCAST@HOME:

NETWORK SETTINGS:
- In the computer's network ID settings (in Network properties), change the computer name to the @Home Computer ID# issued by @Home (for example mine is CC799600-A). NOTE: Must be in all upper case letters!

- Change the Workgroup to @HOME

That's ALL YOU NEED TO DO to get online.

POP3 AND SMTP MAIL SERVERS (if you use a web-based email system like Yahoo or Hotmail, you don't need to worry about this):
- Check for primary domain server URL by running a trace to any website with a util like UOTrace (http://soldcentralfl.com/quakecoop/uotrace.zip). In the options menu select Reverse DNS which will display the DNS of all routers. The 2nd hop is usually the domain router (mine is called FTPK1.fl.home.net).
- Your POP3 and SMTP mail servers will be that router's URL with the extension .com instead of .net (for example mine is FTPK1.fl.home.com). Set these as your mail servers in your e-mail application.

HOMEPAGE:
You need to use the homepage to make changes to your account (password change, add additional emails, etc). The URL is http://home.excite.com/
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

MegaVectra

Post by MegaVectra »

Along with what FP said, I would suggest you not install the @Home software. It adds allot of junk you don’t need and adds settings that are unnecessary.
Lmandrake

Post by Lmandrake »

Hey, thanks. I will try what FP suggested. I would rather not install that @home crap. It basically renders the computer unusable for any other kind of hookup.

Braunyaur: Let me try out what FP suggests first and I will get in touch with you if I still need the install software.

Thanks