Do you guys know how to lock folder options ?

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
Kazer
Golden Member

Do you guys know how to lock folder options ?

Post by Kazer »

I hide some of my files and then click in the options don't show hidden files. But some of my friends know I do that and click show files. Can I somehow lock the options ?
b-man1

Post by b-man1 »

i see you're using win2000...just don't let them use your account. give their account restricted access to view certain folders, etc. :)

i don't think you can hide the options you're talking about, however...unless there is a registry trick.
NascarFool

Post by NascarFool »

Kazer
Golden Member

Post by Kazer »

I just needed something until tonite actually. Had a LAN party since last Friday and a BBQ last night and didn't want people messing with my comp when I wasn't around but still wanted them to be able to use the cable and internet on other comps.

I used to wake up with someone doing whatever on my comp. Now I whenever I go to sleep I Ctrl-Alt-Del and click lock computer. I woke up I think yesterday or the day before and one of my friends were on my comp. I got up real quick, Ctrl-Alt-Del and clicked lock computer :laugh

I just hate it when a LAN party ends.....hope the electricity bill isn't gonna be too high.
Darkheart

Post by Darkheart »

Safehouse is much more secure and free, http://www.pcdynamics.com

Darkheart