SB Live! 5.1 driver uninstall

Discussions of applications and operating systems and any problems, tips or suggestions. Win XP, 9x/2k, Linux, NT, photo editing, Virus/Spyware help
b-man1

SB Live! 5.1 driver uninstall

Post by b-man1 »

i would like to uninstall my soundblaster live! 5.1 mp3+ drivers and reinstall...but have read nothing but bad things about uninstalling creative drivers for these cards.

are there any tips or things i should make sure to do? i've read that just running the uninstall leaves alot of files all over and registry cr@p, so any hints would be great. thanks!

running this on w2k pro sp2
gemini131
Goober Member

Call Creative

Post by gemini131 »

If you run the uninstall and want to get rid of every file you can, call creative... they will tell u how
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

It's no big deal in my experience. Uninstall all SBLive apps and drivers in Add/Remove Programs wizard in control panel. Then remove all the SBLive devices in device manager.

To prevent Windows from automatically reloading the same drivers, do a file search for INF files located in \Windows or it's subdirectories containing the words SB, Blaster, SBLive, Live and delete them.

Reboot and have the new drivers ready.

You DO NOT need to install the Liveware utilities and apps. You only need the driver (unzip the driver installation files into an empty folder and browse it when Windows asks for the driver.

I don't recommend installing the utilities unless you absolutley need to adjust environmental audio settings. The apps cause nothing but problems and I don't like uneccessary apps running in the background so I don't like to install them.

Hope this helps...
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.