Portable BluRay: Sony BDP-SX910 Mini Review

Discussions and tips about Home Theatre, HDTV and DVD setups
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Portable BluRay: Sony BDP-SX910 Mini Review

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Awesome little portable BluRay player. Bought this for travel & the RV. Don't really use it for BluRay much, but I wanted a good portable DVD player.

Most importantly, it will play a variety of video files (MP4, Xvid, DivX, WMV) directly from a flash drive or (even better) a USB portable hard drive. It even plays ripped DVDs: just navigate to the folder with the VIDEO_TS file and hit play.

I don't even bother dragging along DVDs anymore. I just load up a 1Tb Toshiba USB 3.0 portable hard drive full of videos and I'm good to go.

The built in speakers have a decent amount of volume, and the battery runs a long time.

Only complaint is the PSU has a VERY short power cord on it, so I carry a 6 foot lamp cord extension with me.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BDPSX910-Por ... =bdp-sx910
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

ZYFER

Post by ZYFER »

How long roughly do you get on battery? Curious on how long you can play a Blu-ray movie on it. I would figure 3hrs at least, long enough to cover one movie, or is it better than that?
When all else fails, replace the user.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Don't run it off battery much. We're usually watching it in the RV or in a hotel room, but people in the Amazon reviews say they're getting 4 - 4.5 hrs. I would think that if you're playing videos off a flash drive it would probably get much better battery life.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "