not sure if to add this here or networking !

Discussions and tips about Home Theatre, HDTV and DVD setups
renovation

not sure if to add this here or networking !

Post by renovation »

im thinking of dropping $70 or so on a panasonic DY-WL10
Wireless LAN Adaptor for my new tv and blue ray player. or just hard wire a rj-45 cable from my wireless router .
link for adapter -- http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-elec ... 0000005702

whats your opions on these ideas or you know of a cheaper wireless adapter that work .i sure like to cut back on wires in my living room /entertainment center.
with 5 sets of speaker wires ,3 HDMI ,asst other leads every set not needed helps .
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I had the same problem when I moved our Samsung Blu-Ray from the living room (where I have a network jack) to the bedroom (where I don't). So I had to shell out $80 for the Samsung USB Wifi adapter which is the only one that will work with it. I didn't feel like running a cable under the house.

You really don't have a choice if you go Wifi since only the adapter from Panasonic will work on a Panasonic device.

HOWEVER it sounds like you do have a network jack in there, and if you do, I would highly recommend using it over Wifi. What's a couple more wires behind a TV? Hardwired is always more reliable than Wifi.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

renovation

Post by renovation »

did just order the wifi adapter found one for $50 at cowboom.com its part of bestbuy i think .it was 1/2 the price of most places so i order one .still may hard wire and just keep the unit as a back up if i relocate the tv. sure wish they (tv manufactures )would agree on a simple signal so we be able to use a univeral unit .
the Last time I was Talking to myself . I got into such a heated argument . that is why I swore I never talk to that guy again. you know what it worked now no buddy talking to me. :help
renovation

Post by renovation »

anyone know for sure on this unit do you just plug it in or you have to use some kind of setting the instructions dont say crap it came with from panasonic !
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

No experience with the adapter, but I will say that I have an inborn grudge against Wi-Fi. I'd rather spend a few hours running a new wire if necessary than dealing with Wi-Fi possible Wi-Fi interference issues (of course, I live in a very tight subdivision with lots of wireless going on). Not to mention, that time cost less than the adapter.
renovation

Post by renovation »

love the panasonic information that came with the unit also there web site. totally useless as to how to setup using the unit. i feel for the home owner who has little or no understanding of networking . you have to go though your setup menu on your blueray or some tv that have a usb port. i bet a lot of these units are sold by commision or brownie point sales people to the general public .as a sales add on and the home owner gets them home and never figures out how to use them.