new LCD tv

Discussions and tips about Home Theatre, HDTV and DVD setups
b-man1

new LCD tv

Post by b-man1 »

definitely not a top of the line set, but it fits my needs perfectly. i picked up a Syntax Olevia 37" LCD last week after catching it on sale. for the living room, i didn't want anything too big and a 37" is just about right. it was an upgrade from a four year old 27" Samsung CRT flat screen.

model: 237T HDTV

the picture is better than i expected, actually. standard broadcast channels look good...dvd very good...and i don't have any HD sources (other than my xbox 360) to check with. the 360 does look amazing though. it only does 1080i and not 1080p, but from everything i've read, anything under 50" doesn't really benefit from that anyway (at normal viewing distance).
eGoCeNTRoNiX

Post by eGoCeNTRoNiX »

Gratz! :D Enjoy! I probably won't get a new LCD TV (Have a 32" now) till after I get a new house and pay off my car lol

eGo
PM before Email People!!
Heat Under eGoCeNTRoNiX :)
Who Farted? BEANIE!!!
!Welcome to the United States of the Offended!
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

I'm definately going for the plasma when I get a chance (not trying to start an argument). Want 50" or bigger though. So, it'll be a while.
b-man1

Post by b-man1 »

plasma still has its place...especially for larger sized sets, lower price, "warmer" image, etc. if you don't plan on using it for gaming or computer work, a plasma is a good choice. i have a plasma in the basement (42" panasonic) that is about five years old now...still looks great.
nitro237

Post by nitro237 »

I just bought a 47" Vizio LCD , from Sam's . It's the 1080p but of course I'm not getting that from my cable.

Still looks nice though, and seemed to be the best bang for my buck, $1347.

normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Actually, my friend's got a 42" plasma (looks great by the way) that he's been using for gaming exclusively for over 2 years & there have been no ill effects (burn-in being the one everyone talks about). He's a pretty heavy gamer too (about 4 hours a night, every night).