Doom Eternal & Doom 2016

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
Executioner
Life Member

Doom Eternal & Doom 2016

Post by Executioner »

Finally had a chance to play Doom Eternal. I must say the graphics are excellent, but I'm not that excited about the game play. I feel that Doom 2016 reminded me more of the original Doom game from the late 90's. Also, Doom Eternal has too many pop-ups which are very annoying while playing. I also don't like all the wall climbing that is required. Also, the ammo in Eternal seems limited with less capacity compared to 2016. Maybe they did that to force you to use other weapons. In 2016, I mainly used the super shotgun and the gaseous cannon. I also like the atmosphere in 2016, but Eternal has very detailed graphics and large areas. I also like the map in Eternal. And finally, the sounds of the weapons seem a little weak compared to 2016.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Doom Eternal & Doom 2016

Post by FlyingPenguin »

The wall climbing drives me nuts. Haven't been able to finish it because of that.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Executioner
Life Member

Re: Doom Eternal & Doom 2016

Post by Executioner »

I think it probably deserves it praises, but this is way too fast for me. I was looking for a fun power-fantasy to kill demons, but I felt overwhelmed and exhausted after a few minutes. I guess, I am truly too old for this game now 68 years old. I even have it set at the easiest setting. It would have been nice if there was an option to reduce the speed say by 10% or so. I just don't have the reflexes to play this game using the standard mouse and keyboard. I'm at the spot where I got the double rush option, but I die a lot.