Dead Space Remake

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Dead Space Remake

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I am stoked to, play this, and am happy to pay the $60. I was waiting to hear some reviews from friends.

To be clear, it is a complete remake. New assets, a revamped weapon system, new game engine, new voice acting, even some new scenes.

I have checked with people who are playing it now, and they fixed the one major issue with the original that made it unplayable for me: Key binding. The original game was hard coded to use WASD and some other very unintuitive keyboard commands, and no way to change the key binds, and I just could not deal with it. I tried. The game was awesome, but I had to give up around 10% of the way through. I am not a WASD player.

I understand that while there is, unfortunately, no FOV slider, the FOV in this remake is not as tight as the original. I have friends playing this now who said they had a real problem with FOV in the original, but this is fine.

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: Dead Space Remake

Post by Losbot »

Looks really nice but I'm so burned out on the Zombie genre.
------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

7 hours in and the game is awesome. Scary AF.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Finished! 37 hours of gameplay. Final boss is a bitch. I got pretty frustrated with him, and dropped the difficulty down to finish it.

Good story, lot's of excellent jump scares, dark, moody and scary as hell. The visuals inside the ship are amazing. It is a well used, oily, filthy ship full of dead bodies, and I can smell the place, it's so visceral.

When you finish the game you keep all your weapons and upgrades, and all your inventory, and can start a new game with all of that stored in the store locker.

Started replaying again last night on a harder difficulty, but having the upgraded weapons available from the start is giving me an advantage with weaker early monsters.