Daggerfall Unity - GOG Cut brings back the Elder Scrolls classic without the headaches, and it's free

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Daggerfall Unity - GOG Cut brings back the Elder Scrolls classic without the headaches, and it's free

Post by FlyingPenguin »

https://www.pcgamer.com/daggerfall-unit ... -its-free/
The Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall is legendary, and deservedly so: It was a major success when it was released in 1996 despite being a massive mess of bugs, and it's the game that effectively locked in Bethesda open-world RPGs as we know them today. It's also pushing 30 years old, and while the dated graphics aren't a deal-breaker (I kind of like the look, to be honest), the ancient interface is. Simply put, Daggerfall is a hassle to play. Which is a shame, because it really is a great game.

This is where Daggerfall Unity comes in. It's a full port to the Unity engine with updated graphics and sound, mod support, much-need bug fixes, and quality-of-life improvements including a modern interface.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "