Wrench

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
Err
Life Member

Wrench

Post by Err »

Wrench is currently in Early Access. To me, this looks fun. I'd like to see more games where you can virtually build something. If I had the knowledge and talent to make a game, I'd like to make a game where you work on cars but be very realistic. I'd include a swear button though.

https://jalopnik.com/this-wrench-game-m ... 1844314067

https://store.steampowered.com/app/936720/Wrench/

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Wrench

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Looks interesting. Here's a video from their website showing gameplay:

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Err wrote:I'd include a swear button though.
Don't forget the Knuckle health indicator bar.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Pugsley wrote:
LOL!

Id's also have a Tool Health bar. As you gain money from fixing cars, you can purchase better tools. All of the starting tools come from Harbor Freight.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Err wrote:
Pugsley wrote:
LOL!

Id's also have a Tool Health bar. As you gain money from fixing cars, you can purchase better tools. All of the starting tools come from Harbor Freight.
Yes.. so much this!
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Wrench 25% off

Post by FlyingPenguin »

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I bought it, played 15 minutes, uninstalled it, and refunded. I don't have the patience to deal with garbage controls.

I can't get out of the tutorial. The tutorial is divided into stations. The first teaches you to move, open menu, etc. The second is how to manipulate parts. I'm supposed to pick up a part (Mouse Left hold), hold shift, and then release mouse to throw part. This doesn't work. I think I could move on without this function but I also can't rotate a part. I don't even understand what the tutorial is telling me. It looks like I'm supposed to hold the middle mouse button and move the mouse. That didn't work so I tried picking the part up and scrolling the middle mouse. That didn't work either. If I can't grasp the basic controls, especially being able to simple rotate a part, there's no point in trying to actually playing the game. The game has other issues as well that I'd overlooked had I been able to understand the tutorial. There's no volume or resolution settings. I'm on a 4K monitor and while the game runs fine, I was having trouble making out some of the text. The movement speed is very slow. Holding shift allows you to move faster but that speed feels like it should be the default. You can't rebind keys either. I was hoping I could see the keybinding to figure out the game but those settings don't exist.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Hmm. Maybe needs to cook a bit longer.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

This just popped up for me because it's on my wish list and on sale.

Looks like they've continued improving and the reviews are very positive. I'm tempted.

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

If you get it, let me know if the controls are understandable now. Set a timer for under 2 hours so you can refund if you don't like it.