What's everyone playing? And do you want to get together?

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

What's everyone playing? And do you want to get together?

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Since we've all got a lot of time at home to spend playing games (well more than even usual), I thought maybe we should post what we're playing. I'm willing to try something new. Especially co-op games.

Also, keep in mind Steam allows the sharing of games. If someone wants to try something I own, LMK. If you want me try something, ditto. Check my games list in my profile. Friend me if you haven't. I'm FlyingPenguinOFC on Steam.

Games I'm playing:

- Wreckfest. It's a demo derby game with great physics. A bunch of friends of mine, including Nuby & Los, get together Monday nights for it. There's generally 4 or 5 of us. It can support up to 24 players and the more humans and less bots, the more fun it is. We all picked it up on sale. Sadly not on sale now, but it's fun to play with friends. If $40 is too steep, wish list it for the next time it's on sale:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/228380/Wreckfest/

- Killing Floor 2: My major obsession. Coop zombie killing. Think L4D2 on acid, with RPG elements (you can rank up classes). I run a dedicated server:
https://www.gametracker.com/server_info ... .65:23000/
Any time I'm not playing anything else I play this. The publishers keep releasing a couple of holiday themed challenges every year (essentially free DLCs) that add new weapons and maps to keep it interesting.

- Grand Theft Auto V: A group of us get together for this on Wed nights. We mostly do races now, occasionally missions but the missions are limited to 4 players, where races support 16 players I think. Races would be fun with more people.

- L4D2. Our group stopped playing it a few couple of months ago when we got Wreckfest, but I don't mind playing anytime. Not a fan of versus - I prefer co-op.

- Astroneer. Think Minecraft meets Simcity using the Unreal engine. Gorgeous survival/creative sandbox game made for OCD people like me. I essentially "finished" it a week ago (I triggered the end game) but, like Minecraft, the game keeps on going. So now I'm just playing around with it. They don't support dedicated servers yet (coming soon) but you can play coop with up to 4 with someone hosting. It'll only be the host's saved game that gets altered. I'd be happy to join someone's hosted game and help out. I do intend to rent a dedicated server when they add that feature and start the survival game all over again. Like Minecraft there's also a creative mode where you can just build stuff.

- Borderlands 1 & 2. I actually have BL3 but I just started it and I find that the single player game (for me anyway) is ruined by playing coop with someone else. I'd rather finish playing BL3 solo before joining anyone with co-op. However I would be happy to play BL1 or 2 in coop.

- Dying Light. I have not played this in a long time, but I loved the original game (not a fan of "The Following" DLC with the dune buggies, but maybe it's time to revisit it). Like Borderlands, I didn't like playing this game in co-op until I finished it in single player, but I've long since finished it, and it's a wickedly fun game.

- Call of Duty games. I have all of them except the last two I think. I have to say I used to LOVE playing COD Infinite Warfare Zombies co-op. Four of us used to play that weekly for a long time.

- Payday 2: Haven't played this in years, but it was a fun co-op game. Willing to revisit it.

- OrcsMust Die! 1 & 2. 3rd person tower defense. Only 2 player co-op, but a heck of a lot of fun. Nuby and I used to play co-op for a while.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

psypher
Golden Member

Re: What's everyone playing? And do you want to get together?

Post by psypher »

I think everyone should play L4D2, so we can train and be ready.
Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

Wreckfest, GTA, Astroneer are all things I can get into, even if I am not great at them. Not super into FPS games these days, but I can install any of the Borderlands games and have fun in that.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

psypher wrote:I think everyone should play L4D2, so we can train and be ready.
LMAO
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I was supposed to start my vacation today but that got cancelled only because my daughter got pneumonia. Had been looking forward to it for 2 years. Turks & Caicos. Nice thing is that there's no confirmed cases there yet and the resort is half empty so lots of free upgrades right now. lol Now of course the job wants me to work on our network this weekend because everyone is on the VPN and we've never had 100+ connected at once. Fun fun. I should have still taken my PTO and ignored work. LOL

Not sure how much playing I'll get to do this week but I'd like to try.
normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Unfortunately, or fortunately, as it may be I am working for what is considered an essential business. No free time for me.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

That's my issue as well. I'm still working 9-5 during the week, from home and I'm in meetings online still. Of course, I try to keep something fun running on the main screen with work stuff on the side screen. lol