A frustrated gamer buys the domain to a Fallout 76 website to criticise developers Bethesda

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

A frustrated gamer buys the domain to a Fallout 76 website to criticise developers Bethesda

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Err
Life Member

Re: A frustrated gamer buys the domain to a Fallout 76 website to criticise developers Bethesda

Post by Err »

Ironically, I bought a T-shirt with the Fallout 76 logo on it but never bought the game. I simply don't wish to play Fallout with others. A friend at work bought the game on day one and liked it well enough. He was a proponent of the game until Bethesda released their subscription plan. Now he's officially done with the game and plans to buy The Outer Worlds once he's tired of Borderlands.

On the surface, it isn't a bad plan. Having your own server to build on with friends would be awesome and would actually make me buy the game. However, they are not private servers like all of us have probably rented and administrated on in our lives, they are private instances. You can't modify the server in any way. Where's the fun in that? Maybe Bethesda will get their collective heads out of their butts and allow true dedicated servers one day. The reason their games thrive are the modding community. Live Service games are a dead end.
Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Re: A frustrated gamer buys the domain to a Fallout 76 website to criticise developers Bethesda

Post by Genom »

I would argue it's a terrible plan. The game is still to this day a buggy mess thats missing content. Why not make it at least work consistently before you try to sell people on more features (that are broken on day 1 as well)
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.