Duke Nukem 3D remake in Serious Sam 3 looks absolutely glorious & is way better than Duke Nukem Forever

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Duke Nukem 3D remake in Serious Sam 3 looks absolutely glorious & is way better than Duke Nukem Forever

Post by FlyingPenguin »

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Executioner
Life Member

Re: Duke Nukem 3D remake in Serious Sam 3 looks absolutely glorious & is way better than Duke Nukem Forever

Post by Executioner »

Bummer it's only on a VR
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Duke Nukem 3D remake in Serious Sam 3 looks absolutely glorious & is way better than Duke Nukem Forever

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Bummer it's only on a VR
No, it's not. Works in either Serious Sam 3 or the VR version of Serious Sam 3:
Which games are required?
Serious Sam 3. For playing in VR, Serious Sam 3 VR edition is needed.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1432570016

Hmm, just realized I own Serious Sam 3 So I'll try this out.

----------------
UPDATE:

Okay it's VERY non-obvious how to run this. I had to do a LOT of Googling:

- You need to have "Serious Sam Fusion 2017 (beta)" installed which is free if you own Serious Sam 3 or Serious Sam 3 BFE.

- Then go to "Serious Sam Fusion 2017 (beta)" in your Steam Library, click on "Community Hub" on the right and then click on the "Workshop" tab. Then Click on the "Browse" drop down menu on the left side below the banner and select "Collections" and look for or search for "Serious Duke 3D" and click "Subscribe to all" below the description (there are 5 items you are subscribing to - 4 maps and "Network script resources". You can also just go to the collections link in your browser, log into your Steam account, and subscribe to all: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1432570016

- NOTE: You need to start the game in Moddable mode for it to give you the option to play mods. No way to do this from a desktop shortcut IT MUST BE DONE FROM THE STEAM LIBRARY. Right-click "Serious Sam Fusion 2017 (beta)" in the Steam Library and select "Play Moddable". If you are in moddable mode, it will give you a warning when the game starts that you are in moddable mode, and "Serious Duke 3D" will be one of the options in the single player campaign.

Sadly, if you don't already own Serious Sam 3, it's a rather pricey $40 right now.

Enjoy!
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Heh, played the first map. That was gloriously fun. Brings back great memories.

Nuby1Canuby

Post by Nuby1Canuby »

Played the first map and most of the second. Good fun, what a blast from the past. Stupid key cards, where is it?
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Where is "workshop"? I have Serious Sam Fusion 2017 (beta)" in your Steam Library, but nothing I can see that says workshop even when I right-click on it.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

My bad I skipped a step. I fixed it up top and pasted below.

Nuby and I are used to knowing where to find the Workshop because we go there all the time in other games to install mods and custom maps:
- Then go to "Serious Sam Fusion 2017 (beta)" in your Steam Library, click on "Community Hub" on the right and then click on the "Workshop" tab. Then Click on the "Browse" drop down menu on the left side below the banner and select "Collections" and look for or search for "Serious Duke 3D" and click "Subscribe to all" below the description (there are 5 items you are subscribing to - 4 maps and "Network script resources".

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Hum...can't find it because I don't have SS 3? I only have the Fusion 2007 installed.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

You need to own Serious Sam 3. It does NOT have to be installed though. Mine isn't installed. Fusion allows you to play any of the Serious Sam games you own in an updated engine that allows access to mods via the Steam Workshop (workshop was never integrated into the original games).

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I have Serious Sam 3 VR: BFE. I can't find one that is simply Serious Sam 3.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I think that qualifies.

What can't you find?

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I see the Duke 3D, but there is no option to subscribe. If I click on it, it opens to the 3rd link you posted.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Bottom of the page:

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Thanks. Finally got it working.