Tom Clancy's The Division

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
Err
Life Member

Tom Clancy's The Division

Post by Err »

I bought a new video card last week that included The Division. I wasn't going to claim it but I'm glad I did now. I'd describe The Division as an online humorless Borderlands set in New York. It’s a very beautiful game and runs great on my rig. The initial setup was rough because it detected my monitor as ultra wide and cut off the right side of the menus. After finally figuring out how to exit, I applied NVidia’s recommend settings and all was well. You do have to use UPlay to download the game. Uplay isn’t terrible but it’s just unnecessary since Steam exists. If you buy the game through Steam, you’ll still have to use UPlay to download and play the game.

I didn’t like it at first because of the gunplay. You use guns based on real world models but they do point damage (DPS) to enemies like in Borderlands. At low level, you will need to empty an entire magazine to bring down an enemy wearing a ball cap and jeans. However, they can take you out in 3 or 4 shots from a pistol. Once I accepted this and started playing it like Borderlands, I started enjoying the game. I’m playing solo since I don’t have any friends to play with. From what I’ve read, it takes 30 to 40 hours to complete solo. That’s not a terrible length. Overall, it’s not a stellar game but it’s good. The missions so far have consisted of go her, kill these guys for loot, and gather resources. You can also give civilians supplies for the chance to get appearance items. You can also get mods for your weapons that increase accuracy, DPS, decrease recoil, etc. I thought the game would have more realistic gunplay though; especially under the Tom Clancy branding. If I shoot someone in the head with an AK-47 or MP-4, they should die immediately and not have 1,234 flash above their head. I also wish there was non-violent missions. I recommend getting it and playing it like a Borderlands with very nice graphics.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: Tom Clancy's The Division

Post by Losbot »

The smaller missions are somewhat tedious but the larger missions which give you like 500 supply points for one of the three wings you upgrade in your Base of Operation are much bigger and unique missions. Definitely will want a group.

If you want to team up, look for me. I'm on regularly. On Steam I'm L0s22

I've got two characters now. A level 8 and a level 22.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

My code was for Uplay only. I'm hesh4err there. My character is now level 9.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

It's fine. I'll look up my Uplay name. I don't recall what that one is. lol
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Losbot wrote:It's fine. I'll look up my Uplay name. I don't recall what that one is. lol
It's such a useless client. I was amazed that I remembered my user information when I went to claim my game. I'd like to team up for some of the missions. I did the mission where you go into the shopping mall to investigate the virus origin last night. The elites and bosses take a while solo.
PoopiePants
Goober Member

Post by PoopiePants »

Add Pewpiepants

Loving this game!
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

PoopiePants wrote:Add Pewpiepants

Loving this game!
Added
Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

So installing the game tonight. Anybody still playing?
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Genom wrote:So installing the game tonight. Anybody still playing?
I'm playing off and on. I just really haven't wanted to play anything lately.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I'm on pretty much every day. others that are on regularly (in case U know them) are TazRunner, Drexel, cnukian, bman & gorefish.