RUNE, game of the year material.

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
cobosdan

Post by cobosdan »

That is if you like hack and slash, and mincing, and ripping. Believe me, if you don't, you will be a convert by the end of this movie like (for realism) game.

None of that fancy invention, bow and arrows, here.

But for the married, if you get into a throwing fit, you can throw all kind of maces, axes, swords and lasagnas.

Getting serious, this is incredibly beatiful material, painstakingly detailed, with mysterious locations, or awesome views and gigantic structures every minute.

More important, it's full to the brim with intelligent scripting, and a Half-Lifish demand on your IQ.

The only level that's somewhat uninteresting is the sea one, introductory, when you have a fairly wussy weapon.

But then you get progresively mightier ones, and it's a non-stop joy to the finish ...

All the weapons can get tenfold destructive using the force of the runes scattered around. Use the force Luke!

See ya
tunis5000
Almighty Member

Post by tunis5000 »

It's an OK game but I don't think it's GOTY material. That honor belongs to Deus Ex. There were a few other games that were superior to Rune such as NOLF, Diablo 2, Giants, and Baldur's Gate 2 (IMHO). But as far as 3rd person games go, I'll agree that Rune was the best one of 2000...
Buttermaker

Post by Buttermaker »

I havent't had time to play this demo yet but I read that Blade of Darkness will be much better than Rune.
:jester
HitDoS
Genuine Member

Post by HitDoS »

I found Rune to be a very boring game. It looked great, but it played somewhat like Tomb Raider. Nothing but caverns and jumping puzzles. Also, I did not like the fact that it felt like no matter what weapon you were using, they all did the same damage. I gave up on it after I reached an underground castle. I was bored to tears.

I agree with tunis5000, Deus Ex should definitely be GOTY. It was one of the few games I hated finishing.
kin

Post by kin »

I thought it was a great game.

I had a blast with all the levels. It reminds me of Heretic2 without spells but with the blade. Sometimes no guns is a great change of pace.

The levels were graphically beautiful.

Despite of some of the reviews, this is a keeper.

Just my .02 cents