Oni Demo

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
Mike89

Post by Mike89 »

I played the demo installed from the PC Gamer CD. I really liked it. After I got used to the Anime graphics, I got into it. I really like the fighting moves once I got it down. The demo is not polished and I sure hope the retail game has some issues fixed. Notably, when I get close to walls I can see through them. As long I stayed far enough away, it was OK. I haven't seen anyone post this problem. Wonder if it's my drivers (6.49), GTS Ultra.

I will definitely get this game.
Koo Koo Mouse

Post by Koo Koo Mouse »

I noticed that to Mike88.. I'm only guessing here but I thinking its maby becuase they keep the camera the same distance behind you at all times, so if your backed up to a wall the camers HAS to be on the other side of it. Maybe the scheme isn't perfected yet.. Just a guess.
But Yes I can see into other rooms too on a v3 so its not your card.
Speck102

Post by Speck102 »

I liked it, I will definetly pick it up when it will be about $20 or so. I am totally broke so I really can't afford anymore than that.
HitDoS
Genuine Member

Post by HitDoS »

I'm trying to like it., but the mouse sensitivity thing is getting me killed alot. Also, aside from the graphics, thiis game is nothing more than Urban Chaos with better graphics and more fighting moves. I still prefer Urban Chaos for the simple fact that , even with the keyboard\joystick only controls, I can friggin turn a full circle to face the person shooting me in the back BEFORE I die.

Also, once again, no save anywhere blows and jumping puzzles in these types of games should call for immediate death to the person who decided to put them into the game.
tunis5000
Almighty Member

Post by tunis5000 »

Avault just put out a positive review of it for anyone who wants to read it:

http://www.avault.com/reviews/review_temp.asp?game=oni