Ready or Not 25% off this week until Feb 12th on Steam

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Ready or Not 25% off this week until Feb 12th on Steam

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Los picked it up yesterday. I'm going to grab it today. This is the spiritual successor to SWAT 4.

It can be played in a private lobby with as little as two people in coop. No friendly bots in coop. Also has a decent solo game as shown here, with bots you can command:

Ready or Not Single Player is absolutely BRUTAL - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgyZ0YjVct0

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1144 ... dy_or_Not/
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: Ready or Not 25% off this week until Feb 12th on Steam

Post by Losbot »

Snagged
------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Played a few hours the other night. There's a few bugs, and a short bit of texture loading stutter (classic Unreal Engine) when entering a new map, or going back to the station, but runs fine for early access.

I've only played solo so far. The friendly AI is actually very good. My squad saved my ass several times. I played the first three maps as part of the single player campaign with the AI squad. Then I went back and played those three maps by myself (you can order the squad to stay outside and go lone wolf). Very challenging to go lone wolf, but very satisfying. You defiantly have to check your corners and you're very vulnerable while cuffing someone.

I also fired up a friends only match, but played alone. It will let you, but you don't get any friendly AI in multiplayer.

P90 is the bomb. I can see why Secret Service and Swat use it. Nice having a 50 round clip. First two maps are bright enough to play with just a flashlight, or no flashlight. Third map is dark as shit (think the basement of the serial killer's house in Silence of the Lambs). IR goggles are a must. So my ultimate loadout has become P90, with an IR laser pointer, front grip, ACOG and suppressor, and a G19 pistol with an IR laser, and IR googles.

Maps are always the same, but enemy and civilian locations are randomized, and the perps move around. Under door camera is your friend.

Now that I'm feeling confident enough, going to try playing with some randos.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I need to fire mine up. Maybe this weekend so I can get comfy.
Some of us aren't retired yet, so we don't have all that free time. ;)
------------------------------------------