Tucker Carlson's missing "documents" found

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Tucker Carlson's missing "documents" found

Post by FlyingPenguin »

So are we going to discuss the missing "documents" which were actually a flash drive, and Tucker admits he already had copies?

And now that he has them, he's not going to report on them because he feels people have bashed on Hunter Biden enough..... 'nkay.
It's probably too strong to say we feel sorry for Hunter Biden. But the point is that pounding on a man and piling on him when he's already down is something that we don't want to be involved in.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/tucker-ca ... iden-alone
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Pugsley

Re: Tucker Carlson's missing "documents" found

Post by Pugsley »

Ok good this is the BS forum... at this point FUCK the news and Fuck politics. Im so sick of it all.
Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

What sucks Bob, is there are enough people that actually believe this horse shit. That is so sad and scary.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Genom wrote:What sucks Bob, is there are enough people that actually believe this horse shit. That is so sad and scary.
Which part? The laptop or that Tucker doesn't want to bash on the guy?
Last edited by Losbot on Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Well if Rudy hadn't blown it and gave the story to The NY Post (which is a rag considered slightly more reputable than the National Enquirer), and let the Trump campaign give it exclusively to The Wall Street Journal, then it may have had some traction. Now no one wants to touch the story except news sites that have a worse reputation than the NY Post. Then again, the Journal didn't find a smoking gun either, which is why Rudy got antsy.

However, as Ted Cruz said, attacking Hunter Biden doesn't really change a single vote. Sure the base loves the story, but the base is voting for Trump already.

Trump accusing someone else of using their office for impropriety and personal gain comes off, for a lot of moderates and independents, as the pot calling the kettle black.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Last I read, the FBI officially started to investigate it. It'll be interesting to see what happens because it's been said for some time now that Hunter Biden's position on that board was shady AF. Just made no logical sense.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I can't speak re: Hunter Biden, but as someone who owns a lot of stock and wades through company reports and proxy votes every quarter, I can say there are LOT's of 'Celebrity' board members who are there for no other reason than to make the board look more reputable. They show up once or twice and get their check.

Example: Shaquille O’Neal joined Papa John's board last year in an effort to help the company get over it's bad image after the founder was kicked out for using racist language during an investor conference call. He was almost voted out by investors this year because he barely attended meetings, but he seems to have dodged that and is attending them more often now.

Shaquille O’Neal knows nothing about running a pizza business. He's strictly there to make the company look good.

This happens a LOT. My guess would be that Hunter was on that board to help the company lure international investors. Whether not there was anything sketchy is another matter, but people asking why he was paid to be on the board when he doesn't know anything about the business (and I'm not sure if he does or doesn't) don't know how this works. It's like buying a spokesperson.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I was trying to remember a famous political person who was on several boards as a celebrity board member, that raised a few eyebrows over the years because they weren't businesses that you would think he'd have much expertise in. Had to Google it.

Henry Kissinger.

He was on the boards of Revlon Group, American Express Company, Union Pacific Corporation, R. H. Macy and Company, and others over the years, in addition to boards in more defense related industries.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

FlyingPenguin wrote:Shaquille O’Neal knows nothing about running a pizza business. He's strictly there to make the company look good.
True but Shaq has SOMETHING to offer. Hunter's a coke addict with no talents and nothing to offer that company, EXCEPT for his connection to the then Vice Pres of the country. That was probably the only thing they were interested in. ;)

There's always something shady going on behind closed doors in politics. We're just sitting around waiting for one of those people to screw up so that the cat gets out of the bag.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

EXCEPT for his connection to the then Vice Pres of the country.
Exactly. Thus "Celebrity" board member. Like I said, people like that are there to lend respectability. There's even a wikipedia article on this if you're curious. Like I said, I see weird names on proxy votes for board members on my stock investments all the time.

Nor is Hunter entirely without a business background. He was executive vice president of a bank holding company (granted, that sounds like it was a favor from one of Dad's friends since he got it right after college), he served in the department of commerce for three years, George W. Bush appointed him to the board of Amtrak. He served as it's Vice Chairman for 4 years.

I just looked all that up out of curiosity.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter_Bi ... d_lobbyist

Sooooooo.... not exactly a stranger to working on company boards, apparently. I'd venture to say he has a tad more experience than Shaq.

It's valid to argue he had no experience with the energy sector or that country, but again, celebrity board member, who, as a bonus, happens to know how to be a board member.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

And this is why Trump is wasting his time with the Hunter Biden message. What he should be doing is promoting the economic gains before Covid. That's his strong point, and a valid one. And maybe act less like a douche (I know, I'm dreaming).

But when Trump tries to accuse someone else of being corrupt, it kind of falls flat with anyone outside his base.

Case in point, Fox News Poll Yesterday: