Presidential debate #3 (2?)

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Presidential debate #3 (2?)

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Wow. An ACTUAL DEBATE. To give Trump credit, I am amazed his people convinced him to act like an adult. Some good back and forth. I'm an hour and a half in and I must say there's actually debating going on. Trump still comes off like a duche in my opinion, and Biden still stutters and mis-speaks, but overall a somewhat normal debate. SO FAR.

I must say it is pretty damn funny when Trump is accusing Biden of nepotism, but hey.

I seriously doubt anyone's mind is being changed, in either direction, at this point, but good show. The moderator has been very good. She's been keeping them on track and not trying to inject her own biases.

Side note: Nice spray tan. Less orange, more brown.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: Presidential debate #3 (2?)

Post by Losbot »

FlyingPenguin wrote:Side note: Nice spray tan. Less orange, more brown.
LMFAO
------------------------------------------

psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

FlyingPenguin wrote:Wow. An ACTUAL DEBATE. To give Trump credit, I am amazed his people convinced him to act like an adult. Some good back and forth. I'm an hour and a half in and I must say there's actually debating going on. Trump still comes off like a duche in my opinion, and Biden still stutters and mis-speaks, but overall a somewhat normal debate. SO FAR.
Yea, Trump did a much better job this time around. I think he accomplished what he wanted without turning people away in disgusts. No one wants to see a man child screaming over someone constantly. I actually listened him. If he had behaved like this on the first one, I think he'd be doing better.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

We have so many single issue voters and tribalism in this country that debates won't change minds. I just hope that people go vote. The number of of people that actually vote vs those eligible is abysmal.

It was nice watching an actual debate.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Pretty good analysis here:

Neither slippery Biden nor frenetic Trump moves the needle
https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/52 ... the-needle
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I thought this was interesting too. How they found anyone who was still undecided, I dunno.
In the mind of the undecided voters, Trump won," Luntz told CNBC's "Squawk Box" after the debate. "But he did not win by a significant margin. It's not going to change any votes."
Undecided voters in pollster focus group describe Trump as 'controlled' and Biden as 'vague' in debate
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/5 ... -in-debate

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Huge difference this last debate, for sure. Sucks they didn't get into education and other topics.

Over the last 3 decades I've become more and more skeptical of polls, especially these day.

I recall back in 2016, I had lifelong females friends calling me a misogynist, simply because I did not like Hillary and all over her baggage over the years. I was like WTF? I thought she couldn't be trusted and that there were much better female candidates, if a woman was what they wanted to put on the ballot.

Holy shit it got ugly 4 years ago and these days I feel you still have people that don't want to disclose who they're voting for because people just become completely unhinged wen you don't align with them politically.
------------------------------------------