Biden starting to look more like Chavez

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
Losbot
Almighty Member

Biden starting to look more like Chavez

Post by Losbot »

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/22/92660792 ... dy-reforms

This is the same crap that Hugo did in the early 2000s, when he basically packed the court with people who'd all agree with him.
This is the sort of crap that many of our families got away from to come here and we're now taking those 1st steps in following other countries who have done this crap.

This troubles me more than Trump's tantrums and his stupid tweets.
------------------------------------------

Executioner
Life Member

Re: Biden starting to look more like Chavez

Post by Executioner »

As with any group of people making decisions, the more you have the more it kills a correct decision and productivity.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Even with both houses in Democratic hands, it would be hard to increase the number of judges on the court. They would not likely have a majority in both houses, and no Republicans are going to vote for it, and I suspect a lot of Democratic moderates wouldn't either. There would also be a HUGE political cost come the mid-terms.

If the Republicans keep the Senate, then it's a totally dead issue anyway.

So if this really concerns you, vote for your Republican senators and vote for Trump.

I'm not concerned about it, just as I'm not concerned about Trump getting a third judge. It is what it is, and the people in power do what they want because they can. If they can get away with it.

I suspect the "Commission to study reforms" is a way for the Biden camp to placate the far left, without pissing off the moderates. You can study anything. Doesn't mean you'll do it.

I would point out that Trump's actions in the past have been far more Hugo Chavez/Dictatoresque. The man is publicly begging his AG to arrest his political rivals weeks before an election.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

Losbot wrote:https://www.npr.org/2020/10/22/92660792 ... dy-reforms

This is the same crap that Hugo did in the early 2000s, when he basically packed the court with people who'd all agree with him.
This is the sort of crap that many of our families got away from to come here and we're now taking those 1st steps in following other countries who have done this crap.

This troubles me more than Trump's tantrums and his stupid tweets.
What Twilight Zone world do you live in? Fucking Trump is the king of putting people that only agree with him in positions of power. Where's your outrage on what Trump does? His fucking kids have government positions. You're talking about a hypothetical (what Biden MIGHT do) against what Trump HAS actually done. I won't even get into what politicians regularly do, like talk about issues they very will know won't get anywhere, but help gain support from the groups they are targeting.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

psypher wrote: What Twilight Zone world do you live in?
I don't know anymore. I don't recognize this country. I see a party that wants to change every facet of this country. They way to allow non-citizens a vote. They want to get rid guns and enact some crazy over-reaching laws (on Biden's own site). They want to pack the Supreme Court. I see reps AOC and Omar hanging out with extremists that have said "America deserved 9/11". The list goes on and on. WTF?

Yeah, Trump has family working. If they do the job, then I don't see a problem. Typical nepotism. At least they're working for us and not China or the Ukraine as an unqualified board member so Daddy could help them.

Yeah, I don't care for Trump's obnoxious ways but we knew that. What outrageous things are troubling you or do you just hate him like others do because that's what I see. I see a lot of people in this country that are not voting using their minds but instead they're emotional. They hate Trump and I get it. I couldn't stand his TV show and didn't like him. I didn't pick him in the primaries. But I see the lowest unemployment we ever had and a strong economy. I saw that we stop letting ourselves get screwed over by other countries and we should probably get out f the Middle East since we don't need their oil or bullshit.

Biden's been doing nothing for 47 years and what bothers me more is that Harris is worse than him and that's who will end up being POTUS. The Dems even said they were looking at the 25th Amendment but that they were not planning on using it against Trump. So what then? I guess to pull Biden out and let Harris take over who is far worst and much more extreme than Joe. Joe's just a puppet who's losing his mind. They need him so they can capture the WH. Then they'll be done him him. Plus I don't doubt the shitstorm regarding his son and China. Add that to the whole sister-in-law shit and there's a model family to have in the WH.

Biden is SO full of shit, it's why he dropped out of the Presidential race in '88. He got caught lying about every damn thing he said. He's waited over 30yrs now to try again hoping everyone's forgotten.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Ahem. I am not aware of anyone in the Biden camp (frankly ANY camp) who has advocated to give non-citizens a vote. You got any links?

No one has said anything about getting rid of guns (heard this same whine about Obama - didn't happen). More sane gun laws yes. Background checks, eliminating large capacity magazines yes, but outlawing weapons? That's NRA fear mongering. Provide a link please.

Anyway, I expect all my politicians to be crooks. That's a given. Most of them at least TRY to pretend they aren't. Trump doesn't even bother. I'll take the guy accused of political corruption to the guy who HAS been guilty of political corruption for four years any day.

I respect your decision. I know why you want to re-elect Trump. But please don't pretend he's a saint.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I never said he's a saint. We all know that. But when I hear the Left claiming they're scared that Trump won't have a peaceful transition of power, I have to laugh considering he never got a peaceful transition of power himself. Wednesday after the election there was an article on how they needed to impeach him. He hadn't even taken the damn oath yet. And we all know that it's been a constant waste of time, resources and money spent trying to get rid of him. I'm amazed some shit was even accomplished.

You can look up that Biden wants his "Gun Czar" to be Beto. Plus Biden's got a whole section related to guns on his site. A lot of it is too damn vague, which is a problem. Beto and Biden want all weapons they consider to be "assault weapons" banned when that's a bullshit term and they're not military weapons. We can fire handguns just as fast and these rifles make up the tiniest % of the crimes committed. That's all anti-gun fear mongering there. FBI stats show that hands, knives and blunt instruments are used more than the rifles they want to ban. The red flag laws are also way too laxed and easily abused. https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/

As for non-citizens, I just saw it on the ballot today. It was Amendment #1. It clearly asks if we want to require US citizenship to vote in a FL election. Why are we even asking? That's supposed to be the case otherwise we'd have people coming over here to screw with out elections and the only ones advocating that are the Left, for illegals or residents. You want to vote? Become a citizen.

I understand those on the Left who want all the social programs. Well, then let's do it how Sweden does. They actually tax the poorer groups, up to some 60%. The wealthy pay less in taxes as a reward for being entrepreneurs and creating jobs, as well as the fact that they don't use those services to being with.

psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

Losbot wrote: You can look up that Biden wants his "Gun Czar" to be Beto. Plus Biden's got a whole section related to guns on his site. A lot of it is too damn vague, which is a problem. Beto and Biden want all weapons they consider to be "assault weapons" banned when that's a bullshit term and they're not military weapons. We can fire handguns just as fast and these rifles make up the tiniest % of the crimes committed. That's all anti-gun fear mongering there. FBI stats show that hands, knives and blunt instruments are used more than the rifles they want to ban. The red flag laws are also way too laxed and easily abused. https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/
They said the same shit back when Obama was running. Myself and all my gun loving friends all still have our guns. Why? because it's just talking points, and it's been thrown around for decades, nothing major has or ever will really change. So stop falling for the fear mongering bullshit.
Losbot wrote: As for non-citizens, I just saw it on the ballot today. It was Amendment #1. It clearly asks if we want to require US citizenship to vote in a FL election. Why are we even asking? That's supposed to be the case otherwise we'd have people coming over here to screw with out elections and the only ones advocating that are the Left, for illegals or residents. You want to vote? Become a citizen.
They aren't asking. It's already a requirement. They are asking to change the wording. And as far as who's behind it, if it was the "Left" as you seem to think it is, then the amendment would be asking to make it legal for non-citizens which isn't what the amendment is asking.

Amendment 1 would amend Section 2 of Article VI of the Florida Constitution to state that only citizens of the United States who are 18 years old or older are qualified electors in Florida.[1]

* The Florida Constitution currently says, "Every citizen of the United States who is at least eighteen years of age and who is a permanent resident of the state, if registered as provided by law, shall be an elector of the county where registered."
* Under the ballot measure, the Florida Constitution would say, "Only a citizen of the United States who is at least eighteen years of age and who is a permanent resident of the state, if registered as provided by law, shall be an elector of the county where registered."

So who's behind? yea, sorry not the Left.

Florida Citizen Voters is leading the campaign in support of the amendment. The committee is supported by Citizen Voters, Inc., a Florida-based 501(c)(4) organization founded by John Loudon that has supported similar measures in Alabama and Colorado. Citizen Voters contributed $8.3 million to the committee, with $5.8 million of that through in-kind contributions.[3][4] John Loudon said these amendments are needed across the nation because "surprisingly, the U.S. Constitution and every state constitution, with the exception of Arizona and North Dakota, does not specifically require citizenship to vote. Each of these state constitutions say nearly the same thing: 'Every citizen shall be an elector...' This inclusive language tells us who can vote, but not who can’t vote."[5]

Just someone that supposedly wants to make sure there aren't any loopholes, which I can understand. If anything has shown about recent years, things that aren't illegal are legal if there isn't a clear law that states it's illegal.
psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

Losbot wrote:https://www.npr.org/2020/10/22/92660792 ... dy-reforms
And yet you support the man that would have sent your family back. Brilliant!

My aunts and cousins who escaped Cuba, without first requesting asylum, on some shitty ass boat would like to have a word with you.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I have family here from Cuba (old and recent arrivals) that would argue against Biden because they played by the rules. Trump has never wanted to send back legal immigrants. Just illegals who clearly have shown that they're willing to break our laws by coming in illegally. Are they all bad, no but they're starting off on the wrong foot. I recall the Democrats stating that we needed to address illegal immigration and be tough. Funny how everyone changes their views on things based on who's in office. lol

As for the gun topic, they're going to keep trying to push shit through, using very vague ass wording that leaves it very open to interpretation. It's no surprise we have people in this country that would like to have an outright ban on ALL firearms, regardless of the type. They genuinely feel that that a ban would magically make this country a safer place overnight. Problem is that history has shown that people slowly lose their freedoms too.

We can agree to disagree & still get along because we're civilized but what concerns me is that every country before us had people who kept saying that these things would never happen (in their country) and yet they had it happen.